Web forums, mailing lists, Facebook groups, and other online groups which are highly relevant to Apple and disability topics.
This page is part of the ATMac links directory.
- Able Gamers- The AbleGamers Foundation is an organization that empowers children, adults and veterans with disabilities through the power of videogames. AbleGamers holds the largest community for gamers with disabilities found anywhere in the world. Their activities include online forums and game reviews.
- Apple Support: Accessibility- Apple support site for all accessibility features.
- AppleVis- Resources for blind and vision impaired Apple iPhone, iPad, and Mac users. Includes a forum, podcast, blog, and app directory for both Mac and iOS calling out apps with excellent accessibility.
- Freelists MacVoiceOver Mailing List- Another mailing list for mac users, mostly focussed on users of VoiceOver screen reader.
- MacVisionaries Google Group- Busy mailing list / google group. Mostly focussed on VoiceOver users but some discussion about other vision-related assistive technology.
- MacVoice Mailing List- Occasionally active mailing list discussing speech recognition - dictation - for Mac users.
- Nuance Customer Support Forums- Customer support for users of Nuance products including Dragon Dictate, Dragon Express, Dragon Scribe, PDF Converter, and OmniPage.
- VIPhone Google Group- For visually impaired users of iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch, and iPad Mini. Mostly focusses on VoiceOver but some discussion of other access methods like zooming.
Know of another site that should be on this list? Please contact me and I’ll add it as soon as possible.
Some of the links in this article are affiliate links. This means that if you purchase the products that I've linked to I'll get a commission - a small percentage of the sale price. It won't cost you anything and it will help to support me and ATMac.