General Apple websites which I have found useful but which have no special relevance to disability or assistive technology.
This page is part of the ATMac links directory.
- 9 to 5 Mac- News, opinion, and rumours about Apple news. Covers both Mac and iDevices despite the title.
- Mac OS X Hints- Hints and tips for OS X and also iOS. Tends to focus on things for technical or experienced users - things not generally known, things that might use Terminal or AppleScript, and things that aren't in the documentation. There are also forums for asking questions but beginner-level questions are discouraged.
- Macworld- News, reviews, tutorials, and app and accessory recommendations. Covers both Mac and iOS-based devices despite the name.
- The Mac Observer- TMO is dedicated to all things Apple & Mac. Offering Mac geeks the latest news, opinions, tips, and reviews on a wide range of products and services. TMO focusses less on tutorials or guides and more on news and hints and opinion, compared to a site like MacWorld.
- TUAW - The Unofficial Apple Weblog- TUAW publishes news stories, credible rumors and how-to's covering a variety of topics daily. As a trusted tech blog, TUAW provides opinion and analysis on the news in addition to the facts. Reviews, guides and tutorials and regular podcasts and videos on any Apple-related topics and some topics which aren't Apple related but TUAW thinks are enjoyable.
Know of another site that should be on this list? Please contact me and I’ll add it as soon as possible.
Some of the links in this article are affiliate links. This means that if you purchase the products that I've linked to I'll get a commission - a small percentage of the sale price. It won't cost you anything and it will help to support me and ATMac.